Thursday, March 12, 2009

Busy Busy


Hiya folks!

It's been a while since I've posted. It is definitely turning out to be quite the busy month for me!

On Monday, I did a shoot with photogapher Kathleen Finlay. Her work is fantastic! Here is a little sneak peek of some of the shots we did together.

I've also been working on routines and new material which can (hopefully) translate for the street this summer. Colour me thrilled. On Tuesday, I got to workshop my newest piece at Mysterion's Full Moon Hootenanny, a very awesome and intimate cabaret in the west end of Toronto. It went over fairly well, despite some technical difficulties (low and dark ceilings, carpeted floors). I can't wait to refine it and expand it for stage. I felt very good about it. My finale, balancing a giant picture frame on my chin, went over very well.

I'm currently in Montreal, checking out my friend Aytahn's newest show, Circo D'Hiverno. I am very excited to see it as he has put a lot of work into this cabaret.

Other than that, I've been busy getting things together for the new dates for Sierra Leone, which will be very taxing for me, work-wise. I'll be leaving from a busker festival and coming back with virtually no time to decompress between gigs. Hopefully I won't go bat-shit crazy! Oh wait, I probably already am!

For those in Toronto, tomorrow night is another Lunacy Cabaret hosted by Zero Gravity Circus! Unfortunately, I can't be in it because I am performing elsewhere. Still, I hope some of you make it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment